We take our clients’ financial privacy very seriously. During the course of processing your application, we accumulate non-public personal financial information from you and from other sources about your income, your assets, and your credit history in order to allow a lender to make an informed decision about granting you credit. We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received from you on the applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balance payment history
- Information we received from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history
We may disclose the above information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers, and insurance agents
- Non-financial companies, such as title and escrow companies, appraisal companies, etc.
- Others, such as non-profit organizations
We may disclose the above information to companies performing marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. By sharing this information, we can better understand your financial needs and offer products to help you better reach your financial goals. The information sharing described above is subject to your right to direct that we do not make the disclosures, and this opt out right is described below. We may disclose non-public personal information about you, including consumer report type information that relates solely to our transactions and experiences with you, to our affiliates, and this information sharing is not subject to an opt out right. We may wish to share consumer report type information that does not relate solely to our transactions and experiences with you (“Other Information”) with our affiliates who may have products or services that are of interest to you, or who may be able to offer assistance in connection with your transaction. You have the right to opt out of our sharing of Other Information with our affiliates.
Information Security is a cornerstone of Skyline Home Loans’s policies. Every employee is required to understand and acknowledge the Company’s Information Security Policy. Our Information Security program is comprehensive, proactive, and designed to keep sensitive information about our customers secure. We will only share personal information with trusted 3rd parties involved in processing your loan transactions such as credit, escrow, title providers, etc. Finally, it is against our policy to sell or trade personal information collected online.
INDUSTRY LEADING SECURITY CONTROLS
Skyline Home Loans uses industry leading technology and systems to protect its customer’s personal information and privacy by utilizing the following:
- Encryption: Skyline Home Loans provides a 128-bit secure browser to login to customer accounts and perform transactions and uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that any data entered into the website is encrypted. You can verify that SSL is enabled by looking for the padlock or key icon on your browser.
- User ID and Password: To access your account, you must provide a unique user ID and a password.
- Session Timeout: Skyline Home Loans uses a time-out feature to log customers off their account after a specified amount of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others accessing your account from an unattended computer.
- Authentication Services: At different points within the transaction, Skyline Home Loans may run three levels of authentication to validate a user:
- Level One: Validates customer information against reliable databases.
- Level Two: Authentication indicators and score designed to predict likelihood data was provided by actual consumer.
- Level Three: Knowledge-based authentication capability is an interactive session that uses customized questions and answers designed to be answerable only by the true consumer. The user’s identity is established without delay, enabling consumers and businesses to immediately and securely conduct business.
- Perimeter Defense: Skyline Home Loans is protected by firewalls and other intrusion detection mechanisms. The firewalls are configured to reject any unauthorized connections. We continually monitor our defense systems to detect any attempted intrusions or unauthorized connections and employ an annual third party verification test to validate our security defenses.
- Identity Verification Process: This process is designed to guard against unauthorized access to your account. This adds an extra layer of security to your online account to protect your assets. As a part of this process, from time to time you may be asked to verify your identity before you complete a transaction or request.
SECURITY: YOU ARE THE KEY
Skyline Home Loans has taken substantial efforts to protect its customer’s information. However, it is important that you take an active role in protecting your personal computer and account log on information.
We ask that you take some time and review the security suggestions provided below:
- Protect your password. Never share your password with anyone. We also recommend that you change your password on a regular basis. If you feel that your password has been compromised, change the password and notify us immediately. Please click “Live Chat” or call the Customer Support number available on the site to contact Skyline Home Loans.
- Use Anti-Virus and Firewall Software. It is recommended that an antivirus product be installed and updated on a regular basis to ensure that your system is checked for the latest viruses. It is important to check all downloaded software and emails for viruses.
- Logoff the Website. When you have finished your transactions, it is important that you click the “Logoff” button. If you are using a public personal computer it is recommended that you also close the browser when you are finished.
- Review Alerts. We recommend that you set up account activity alerts to receive notifications for every transaction in your Skyline Home Loans accounts(s). You can have the Smart Alerts delivered to email, PDA, or mobile phones. This will ensure that you are notified whenever account activity occurs.